Coffee and tea – cozy morning rituals that have the ability during midday declines to enhance our energy.
Yes! Yes, but also those hot drinks have long been recognized for its healing properties, which mainly comes from caffeine and antioxidants that are found in coffee beans and tea leaves. Coffee contains more caffeine than tea (coffee contains more antioxidants). So you can drink more tea during the day to get a balance for your health.When it comes to coffee, you should know that some of its benefits to our health come from caffeine, some antioxidant properties and benefits are likely to come from other constituents of coffee.According to researchers from Harvard University, one of the main health benefits of tea comes from two types of polyphenols antioxidants contained in tea leaves. The caffeine contained in tea also offers several health benefits.
5 benefits of coffee and tea
- Protection against liver disease of cancer. Coffee is high in antioxidants that help neutralize free radicals that can cause degradation of cells (associated with premature aging) and contribute to the development of certain cancers. Found in coffee antioxidants may be useful in treating nonalcoholic fatty liver Imogen reduce the risk of liver cancer, and death from chronic liver disease. According to the National Cancer Institute, antioxidants in tea can help to reduce tumor growth.
- Possible decreased risk of dementia. It has long been proven that caffeine in coffee and tea stimulates brain activity. Recent studies also indicate that caffeine as in coffee and tea may protect against dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Some studies it can be assumed and any possible correlation between the coffee consumption and reduce the risk of disease, known to us as Parkinson’s.
- Reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes Recent studies from Harvard University School of Public Health showed that polyphenols from consuming coffee or tea may reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes and help improve insulin secretion and sensitivity.
- Protects against heart – disease. According to studies the consumption of coffee, as well as green tea may reduce the risk of cardio – vascular diseases. Researchers have found that antioxidants in coffee may offer protective effects on the cardiovascular system.
- Enhance the immune system. According to recent research, coffee, white and green teas can help boost the immune system
Side effects of coffee and tea
- Caffeine may cause the following side effects:
- cardiac arrhythmia
Coffee, whether caffeinated or decaffeinated can irritate the digestive tract, bladder and prostate gland.Concerns about high caffeine consumption applies equally to coffee and tea. It’s nice to drink however much more tea than coffee. At night is advisable to drink herbal or white tea, which contains most – a little caffeine to no change in your sleep habits.In general, and coffee and tea have excellent health benefits, so it’s a matter of personal choice as to which beverage you prefer to drink. Best – to drink organic and high-quality coffee or tea to avoid ingesting pesticides and other harmful substances.